Even Older Man Yells at Whippersnappers

 I recall giving a quiz to my college students sometime back around
the late nineties which had a little bit of arithmetic involved in the answer.
It's been too long ago to still have the exact details, but I remember
a couple solutions that would be of the form:

5 + 10 + 1*2

And then the student would write he was unable to actually
compute that without a calculator.   And yes, I deliberately
designed the questions to have such easy numbers to work with.

Roger Christman
Pennsylvania State University