Old Man Yells At Cloud

On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 11:11 am, Rick Johnson wrote:

> Speaking in _keystrokes_, and that's what really matters
> here, a print function is always three more keystrokes than
> a print statement.

Keystrokes only matter if you are hunt'n'peck typing and need to pause between
holding down the shift key and pressing the 9 key. Otherwise typing ( is little
different than typing 9, its pretty much all the same regardless of what
character you type. For an even half-arsed typist like myself, hitting the
shift and 9 keys happens almost simultaneously. Technically it might involve
two fingers but its effectively a single movement.

If you micro-analyse this, not all keystrokes are equivalent. They use different
fingers, different hands, the movements are different. The fact that some
characters need two simultaneous keypresses is not so important.

--
Steve
?Cheer up,? they said, ?things could be worse.? So I cheered up, and sure