the core values of the Python "platform"

ram at zedat.fu-berlin.de (Stefan Ram) writes:

>   It says ?Flat is better than nested.?, which would
>   mean that
>
> x.f().g().h()
>
>   is better than
>
> h( g( f( x )))

That's quite a stretch. Why would ?flat is better than nested? mean that
specifically, rather than other possible interpretations?

I could try to argue, for example, that ?flat is better than nested?
means that ?no indentation is better than indentation?. But why should
anyone take that interpretation seriously?

As I understand it, ?flat is better than nested? is talking about
*hierarchies* in a code base. It's not IIUC referring to anything about
the difference between expressions like you wrote.

--
 \      ?If society were bound to invent technologies which could only |
  `\   be used entirely within the law, then we would still be sitting |