"tkinter"

ram at zedat.fu-berlin.de (Stefan Ram) writes:

>   I presume that "tkinter" is intended to be pronounced
>   "logically":
>
> T K inter (tee kay inter /ti keI In t%/)

This is how I've always pronounced it.

The toolkit in question is named ?tk?, which I have only ever known to
be pronounced ?tee kay?.

The rest of the word is an abbreviation of ?interface?.

So, to me ?Tkinter? is pronounced ?tee kay inter?.

>   . But it would be faster to pronounce it

Speed at the expense of clarity is a goal difficult to justify in
programming, and is even harder to justify in human speech. So, that
basis doesn't convince me of a useful pronunciation.

--
 \        ?[R]ightful liberty is unobstructed action, according to our |
  `\        will, within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of |