"tkinter"

Am 13.09.17 um 16:15 schrieb Grant Edwards:
> On 2017-09-13, Christopher Reimer <christopher_reimer at icloud.com> wrote:
>
>> When I started my technical career 20+ years ago, tcl/tk was
>> pronounced "tickle" by the engineers.  Not sure if that was correct
>> then or now.
>
> I've always heard "tickle" as the pronounciation for "TCL".  I've
> never heard anybody try to pronounce TCL/Tk.

It's indeed usually pronounced "tickle" T K in the Tcl community. The
feather icon alludes to the "tickle" part, and "TK" is an acronym for
"toolkit". Somtimes people prefer spelling "T C L", but most use "tickle".

Reference: I've been at some EuroTcl conferences. The talks are on
youtube, too:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHNnTryxvDncfQbxbzfE4XMogoTa6pknP

	Christian