Using Python 2

Leam Hall <leamhall at gmail.com> writes:

> I've read comments about Python 3 moving from the Zen of Python.

For what it's worth: I have done successful conversions of numerous code
bases from Python 2 to Python 3, and that characterisation does not fit
at all. The resulting code base is much more Pythonic.

> I'm a "plain and simple" person myself. Complexity to support what
> CompSci folks want, which was used to describe some of the Python 3
> changes, doesn't help me get work done.

Exactly so. You should ignore the far too academic debates that flourish
here, and concentrate only on the practical differences going from
Python 2 to Python 3. Those alone make it worthwhile to learn Python 3.

--
 \      ?Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than |
  `\  it ceases to be serious when people laugh.? ?George Bernard Shaw |