Please improve these comprehensions (was meaning of [ ])

On Wed, 6 Sep 2017 12:19 am, Rustom Mody wrote:

> And how do you write even the simplest assignment statement without a
> (mathematical) expression on the rhs?

name = other_name

is not a mathematical expression. Its giving something a new name.

name = obj.attribute

is not a mathematical expression. (That's not a dot product.)

> What were Turing, Church, von Neumann, even Knuth by training? Mathematicians
> or CS-ists?
>
> And what are the contributions of Turing, Church, von Neumann, Knuth to CS?

Who cares? We're talking about Python, not Computer Science.

--
Steve
?Cheer up,? they said, ?things could be worse.? So I cheered up, and sure