How to install Python package from source on Windows

On 17/05/2017 21:05, breamoreboy at gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 8:32:40 PM UTC+1, bartc wrote:
>>
>>> [1] Does work on Windows. Install bash for Windows, or (on a
>>> recent-enough Windows) just use the subsystem that Microsoft provides.
>>
>> So the answer is, switch to Linux. In other words, a cop-out.
>>
>> --
>> bartc
>
> Poor old Chris seems to be getting a little frustrated so I'll just repeat what I said previously.
>
> <quote>
> What is the problem with the documentation given here https://docs.python.org/devguide ?
>
> Specifically:-
>
> "and on Windows use:
>
> PCbuild\build.bat -e -d"
> </quote>
>
> That is 24 key strokes, including ENTER, to do the build on Windows.  What is so difficult about this?

I'll repeat what I said before: I don't want to build CPython with
VS2015. I wanted to build it with Tiny C.

The purpose of doing the latter was to evaluate what the performance
might be, if for example Tiny C became the bundled C compiler so as to
quickly get a source distribution going. Bundling VS2015 with CPython
sources is not going to happen.

(Although I wouldn't really be surprised if someone tried it. People
here don't seem to see anything wrong with cracking a small nut with a
particularly massive sledgehammer.)

--
bartc