Grapheme clusters, a.k.a.real characters

Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> writes:

> Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> writes:
>
> > Do you have references for those claims?
>
> The Unicode Standard <URL:http://www.unicode.org/versions/Unicode10.0.0/>
> frequently uses ?character? as the unit of semantic value that Unicode
> deals in. See the ?Contents? table for many references.

I omitted to say (though it becomes clearer later in my message) that
these references are all in the Core Specification document of the
Unicode Standard, version 10.0.0.

--
 \          ?There's a certain part of the contented majority who love |
  `\            anybody who is worth a billion dollars.? ?John Kenneth |