Write this accumuator in a functional style

On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 09:06 am, Ned Batchelder wrote:

> Steve's summary is qualitatively right, but a little off on the quantitative
> details.  Lists don't resize to 2*N, they resize to ~1.125*N:
>
>     new_allocated = (size_t)newsize + (newsize >> 3) + (newsize < 9 ? 3 : 6);
>
> (https://github.com/python/cpython/blob/master/Objects/listobject.c#L49-L58)

Ah, thanks for the correction. I was going off vague memories of long-ago
discussion (perhaps even as long ago as Python 1.5!) when Tim Peters (I think
it was) described how list overallocation worked.

--
Steve
?Cheer up,? they said, ?things could be worse.? So I cheered up, and sure