[Python-Dev] PEP 594: Removing dead batteries from the standard library

On 5/20/2019 2:20 PM, Christian Heimes wrote:
> On 20/05/2019 23.12, Andrew Svetlov wrote:
>> socketserver.py is also questionable
> I briefly though about the module, but didn't consider it for removal. The http.server, xmlrpc.server, and logging configuration server are implemented on top of the socketserver. I don't want to remove the socketserver module without a suitable replacement for http.server in the standard library.

But http.server could be on the remove list too... it gets mighty little
support, has very little functionality, and implements a CGI interface
(although that also has very little functionality), and you have the CGI
tools on the remove list, rendering the CGI interface implemented by
http.server less easily usable.

Further, it doesn't directly support https:, and browsers are
removing/reducing support for http:.

I can't speak to xmlrpc or logging configuration.