[Python-Dev] PEP 594: Removing dead batteries from the standard library

> If this were my PEP, I'd call it "Removing unloved batteries from the standard library".

Or maybe, "Removing obsolete and (potentially) dangerous batteries
from the standard library."

I can certainly understand why either class of module would be
removed. When bsddb185 was tossed out, I put it up on PyPI
(https://pypi.org/project/bsddb185/) so the source wouldn't be lost. I
never expected to actually need it, but I got pinged for the first
time a few months ago. Someone needed help building it.

So, no matter the reason for removal, I think it would be reasonable
to toss all these modules into GitHub or PyPI. Someone will want them.

Skip