[Python-Dev] PEP 594: Removing dead batteries from the standard library

It's covered in "Python in a Nutshell," Alex Martelli having been a
promoter of its ability simplify many utility programs for a long time.

Not that that's any guide as to what should be in 3.10, by which time we'll
be four minor releases out of date anyway.