[Python-Dev] PEP 594: Removing dead batteries from the standard library

I use fileinput for several times per year.

fileinput is handy tool to write single script file to analyze log files.

* In such tools, I don't need real argument parser.
* Some log files are compressed and some are not.
  It seems argparse doesn't support transparent decompression.
* I don't want to use 3rd party library for such single script files.

I'd like to add transparent decompression to argparse if fileinput
is deprecated.

Regards,

--
Inada Naoki  <songofacandy at gmail.com>