[Python-Dev] Location of CI for Windows Embeddable Distro

On 01May2019 1109, Gerald Wiltse wrote:
> I looked through all the windows builders here and could not find any
> which?generate this package, can anyone tell me where the work happens?
> I also tried searching looking for scripts and CI files which create the
> package in all the relevant repos and could not find those either.
>
> Is this information not public?

It's just not obviously documented (yet). We use the "PC/layout" script
(run as "python PC/layout -h" to get arguments). You'll want at least
--preset-embed and either --copy or --zip to specify where the layout is
created.

> Is it a manual build?

It's semi-automated, but it's only triggered for releases and so it's
not part of the normal CI configuration.

Hope that helps,
Steve