[Python-Dev] Removing PendingDeprecationWarning

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 3:26 AM Inada Naoki <songofacandy at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 10:11 PM Inada Naoki <songofacandy at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > C, Rust, Java, Ruby, PHP, don't have PendingDeprecation.
> > Programmers only need Deprecation.  Why programmers need
> PendingDeprecation
> > only in Python?
> >

> Any comments about this?

You know my views on this. :) Leave it and we start to consistently use if
for deprecations that are more than a release away from removal (and for
those not reading discuss.python.org, I proposed over there introducing a
warnings._deprecate() function for the stdlib which will do the right thing
based on sys.version_info() and the stated start/end for the deprecation).

It might also make sense to hold off on anything official until we decide
on something like PEP 387 and how we want to officially communicate
deprecations.

-Brett