[Python-Dev] Replacement for array.array('u')?

Serhiy Storchaka wrote:
> Making it always 32 bits would be compatibility breaking change.
> Currently array('u') represents the wchar_t string, and many API on
> Windows require it.

Ah, I see. It would be helpful if the array module docs made that clear.
At one point the 3.x docs said that it depended on whether you had a wide
or narrow unicode Python build, which confused me, because I thought that
distinction had gone away in Python 3.

> But we can add a new code, e.g. 'U', for UCS4.

+1.

--
Greg