[Python-Dev] Can I submit more support of standard library for VxWorks after 3.8.0 beta1?

One main purpose of the beta period is to discover and fix bugs and
otherwise tweek behavior in the new features included in the first beta.
  This usually presupposes that the feature is thought to be
'ready-to-go' as-is, absent new discoveries.

Interpretation and issuance of exceptions is usually up to the release
manager.  For 3.8, this is ?ukasz Langa,  Victor Stinner is otherwise
most involved with platform support.

FWIW, I personally might allow 'suppport added by beta 1' to include
failures in up to 4 modules to be fixed as bugs as soon as possible.

On 3/19/2019 1:39 PM, Victor Stinner wrote:
> You have to find someone to review your PRs. It takes time. We are all
> volunteers. I looked and merged some VxWorks PRs.
>
> Would it be possible to pay a core dev to do the reviews? That's an open
> question for core devs and for WindRiver.

I think that this is an excellent idea (as in 'likely needed to meet the
deadline').  (And no, I am not a candidate for the contract.)

--
Terry Jan Reedy