[Python-Dev] Is XML serialization output guaranteed to be bytewise identical forever?

> On Mar 18, 2019, at 4:15 PM, Nathaniel Smith <njs at pobox.com> wrote:
>
> I noticed that your list doesn't include "add a DOM equality operator". That seems potentially simpler to implement than canonical XML serialization, and like a useful thing to have in any case. Would it make sense as an option?

Time machine!  St?phane Wirtel just posted a basic semantic comparison between two streams.?   Presumably, there would need to be a range of options for specifying what constitutes equivalence but this is a nice start.

Raymond

? https://bugs.python.org/file48217/test_xml_compare.py