[Python-Dev] Register-based VM [Was: Possible performance regression]

On 2019-02-26, Victor Stinner wrote:
> I made an attempt once and it was faster:
> https://faster-cpython.readthedocs.io/registervm.html

Interesting.  I don't think I have seen that before.  Were you aware
of "Rattlesnake" before you started on that?  It seems your approach
is similar.  Probably not because I don't think it is easy to find.
I uploaded a tarfile I had on my PC to my web site:

    http://python.ca/nas/python/rattlesnake20010813/

It seems his name doesn't appear in the readme or source but I think
Rattlesnake was Skip Montanaro's project.  I suppose my idea of
unifying the local variables and the registers could have came from
Rattlesnake.  Very little new in the world. ;-P

Cheers,

  Neil