[Python-Dev] Compact ordered set

Le mar. 26 f?vr. 2019 ? 12:33, INADA Naoki <songofacandy at gmail.com> a ?crit :
> - unpickle_list: 8.48 us +- 0.09 us -> 12.8 us +- 0.5 us: 1.52x slower (+52%)> ...
> unpickle and unpickle_list shows massive slowdown.  I suspect this slowdown
> is not caused from set change.  Linux perf shows many pagefault is happened
> in pymalloc_malloc.  I think memory usage changes hit weak point of pymalloc
> accidentally.  I will try to investigate it.

Please contact me to get access to speed.python.org server. *Maybe*
your process to run benchmarks is not reliable and you are getting
"noise" in results.

> On the other hand, meteor_contest shows 13% speedup.  It uses set.
> Other doesn't show significant performance changes.

I recall that some benchmarks are unstable and depend a lot on how you
run the benchmark, how Python is compiled (ex: PGO or not).

IMHO it's fine if the overall performance result is "no significant
change", as soon as we reduce the memory footprint.

Victor