[Python-Dev] [RELEASE] Python 3.8.0a1 is now available for testing

On 06.02.19 13:23, Petr Viktorin wrote:
> FWIW, we're preparing to rebuild all Fedora packages with the 3.8 alphas/betas,
> so everything's tested when 3.8.0 is released:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Python3.8
>
> That should cover the main Python projects, too.

well, the real challenge is that all test suites of third party packages still
pass on all architectures.  From past transitions, I know that this costs the
most time and resources.  But yes, targeting 3.8 for Ubuntu 20.04 LTS as well.

Matthias