[Python-Dev] Difference between Include/internal and Include/cpython ?

Hello,

Can someone explain why we have two separate directories
Include/internal and Include/cpython?  What is the rule for declaring an
API inside one or another?

At first sight, it seems to me we're having gratuitous complication
here.  For example, I notice that PyFloat_Fini() is declared in
Include/cpython/pylifecycle.h but PyLong_Fini() is declared in
Include/internal/pycore_pylifecycle.h?

(and why the additional "pycore_XXX.h" naming convention for some of
those files?)

Regards

Antoine.