[Python-Dev] Compilation of "except FooExc as var" adds useless store

06.01.19 18:05, Chris Angelico ????:
> Which I read, and they do not explain the assignment of None. The only
> reference is that the tracker issue mentions having a test case to
> ensure that it's happening, which is further proof that it's
> intentional, but still fails to explain *why*.

This is explained on a discussion on the Python-3000 mailing list. I
provided a code example which would fail if do not perform such
assignment. The test, mentioned in the tracker issue, contains similar code.