[Python-Dev] Petr Viktorin as BDFL-Delegate for PEP 580

> On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 2:13 PM Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu
> <mailto:tjreedy at udel.edu>> wrote:
>
>     A language syntax-change proposal would be something else.
>

> IMO changes to the C API should be taken just as seriously -- the
> potential for breaking the world is just about the same (since most
> serious Python applications use C extensions that risk breaking).

I agree.  My observation is that PEP-delegates have taken their
responsibility *very* seriously, and I think that the evidence is that
Petr would.  If you think otherwise, please explain.  On reason for a
serious examination to start now is to allow adequate time.

The difference I was referring to is the philosophical basis of and
technical evaluation skill needed for a decision.  I feel competent to
opine on syntax proposals, but not on technical details of CPyython
calls.  Moreover, as long as an internal change does not break anything,
and at least does not hinder writing C extensions, I have little reason
to care, whereas syntax changes will affect me, even if they are 'good'
changes.

--
Terry Jan Reedy