[Python-Dev] Documenting the private C API (was Re: Questions about signal handling.)

Barry Warsaw writes:

 > I like the idea of an ?internals? C API documentation, separate
 > from the public API.

FWIW, this worked well for XEmacs ("came for flamewars, stayed for the
internals manual").

Much of the stuff we inherited from GNU only got documented when there
was massive bugginess (yes, that happened ;-), but we were pretty good
at getting *something* (if only a "Here be Dragons" in Portuguese) in
for most new global identifiers, and that was generally enough.