[Python-Dev] Stop automerging

12.09.18 01:34, Miss Islington (bot) ????:
> https://github.com/python/cpython/commit/d13e59c1b512069d90efe7ee9b613d3913e79c56
> commit: d13e59c1b512069d90efe7ee9b613d3913e79c56
> branch: master
> author: Benjamin Peterson <benjamin at python.org>
> committer: Miss Islington (bot) <31488909+miss-islington at users.noreply.github.com>
> date: 2018-09-11T15:29:57-07:00
> summary:
>
> Make sure the line comes from the same node as the col offset. (GH-9189)
>
> Followup to 90fc8980bbcc5c7dcced3627fe172b0bfd193a3b.
>
> <!--
> Thanks for your contribution!
> Please read this comment in its entirety. It's quite important.
>
> # Pull Request title
>
> It should be in the following format:
>
> ```
> bpo-NNNN: Summary of the changes made
> ```
>
> Where: bpo-NNNN refers to the issue number in the https://bugs.python.org.
>
> Most PRs will require an issue number. Trivial changes, like fixing a typo, do not need an issue.
>
> # Backport Pull Request title
>
> If this is a backport PR (PR made against branches other than `master`),
> please ensure that the PR title is in the following format:
>
> ```
> [X.Y] <title from the original PR> (GH-NNNN)
> ```
>
> Where: [X.Y] is the branch name, e.g. [3.6].
>
> GH-NNNN refers to the PR number from `master`.
>
> -->

This commit message looks awful (and it is duplicated in maintained
branches). Please stop automerging to master by bots. The reason of
automating merging before is that the core dev that performs merging is
responsible for editing the commit message. There were mistakes from
time to time, but usually regular commiters did care of this.

I often use "git log", and such commit messages spoil the history.