[Python-Dev] Official citation for Python

The PSF has received a few inquiries asking the question ? ?How do I cite
Python??So, I am reaching out to you all to figure this out.

(For those that don?t know my background, I have been in academia for a bit
as a Ph.D student and have worked at the Library of Congress writing code
to process Marc records <https://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/>, among
other things.)

IMHO the citation for Python should be decided upon by the Python
developers and should live somewhere on the site.

Two questions to be answered?

   1. What format should it take?
   2. Where does it live on the site?

To help frame the first one, I quickly wrote this up ?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R0mo8EYVIPNkmNBImpcZTbk0e78T2oU71ioX5NvVTvY/edit#

tldr; Summary of possibilities?

   1. Article for one citation (1 DOI, generated by the publication)
   2. No article (many DOIs ? one for each major version through Zenodo
   <https://zenodo.org/record/1404209> (or similar service))

Discuss.

-Jackie

Jackie Kazil