[Python-Dev] Let's change to C API!

On 2018-07-31, Victor Stinner wrote:
> I would be nice to be able to use something to "generate" C
> extensions, maybe even from pure Python code. But someone has to
> work on a full solution to implement that.

Perhaps a "argument clinic on steroids" would be the proper
approach.  So, extensions would mostly be written in C.  However, we
would have a pre-processor that does some "magic" to make using the
Python API cleaner.  Defining new types using static structures, for
example, is not the way to build a good API.  The other approach
would be something like mypyc + cffi.  I agree with others that
Cython is not the right tool.

Regards,

  Neil