[Python-Dev] AIX and python tests

As I have time, I'll dig into these.

I have a couple of PR already 'out there', which I hope someone will be
looking at when/as he/she/they have time. My time will also be intermittent.

My next test - and I hope not too difficult - would be the test_utf8.
The test:

FAIL: test_cmd_line (test.test_utf8_mode.UTF8ModeTests) fails - and I am
wondering if it is as simple as AIX default mode is ISO8559-1 and the
test looks to be comparing UTF8 with the locale_default. If that is the
case, obviously this test will never succeed - asis. Am I understanding
the test properly. If yes, then I'll see what I can come up with for a
patch to the test for AIX. If no, I'll need some hand holding to help me
understand the test A bigger challenge, and I think a major issue with
many of the test failures is test_ssl. Here I already know I'll need so
assistance. I am quite lost. I know AIX at an expert level, but I do not
know python (especially python internals, macros, etc..) and after about
3 levels I am lost. I also find it hard to get 'artifacts' from the
tests to know what is expected. Looking forward to assistance from
various people - in understanding the tests, and probably better python
coding criticism. Michael