[Python-Dev] Tests failing on Windows with TESTFN

On 28/07/2018 22:17, Jeremy Kloth wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 28, 2018 at 11:20 AM Tim Golden <mail at timgolden.me.uk> wrote:
>> Although things have moved on since that discussion and
>> test.support.unlink has grown some extra legs, all it's done really is
>> to push the bump along the carpet for a bit. I've got a newly-installed
>> Win10 machine with the typical MS Antivirus & TortoiseGitCache vying for
>> locks with every other process. I've just done a full test run:
>>
>> python -mtest -j0 -v > test.log
>
> I, for one, would like to see that log.  The issues you are have are
> fairly unique.  Just check out the buildbot status page.  I know that
> some of the workers are somewhat limited, but my worker
> (https://buildbot.python.org/all/#/workers/12) is running on dedicated
> hardware.  Before https://bugs.python.org/issue15496 was applied, the
> errors you describe were indeed happening, but no longer.

For an example:

http://tjg.org.uk/test.log

Thinkpad T420, 4Gb, i5, SSD

Recently rebuilt and reinstalled: Win10, VS2017, TortoiseGit, standard
Windows Antimalware, usual developer tools. That particular run was done
with the laptop unattended (ie nothing else going on at the front end).
But the problem is certainly not specific to this laptop.

TJG