[Python-Dev] Benchmarks why we need PEP 576/579/580

On Sun, 22 Jul 2018 22:54:24 +0200
Jeroen Demeyer <J.Demeyer at UGent.be> wrote:

> > - more importantly, issue26110 is entirely internal changes, while you
> >    are proposing to add a new protocol (which is like a new API)
>
> Just to make sure I understand you: your point is that it's
> automatically more complicated because it's an API instead of an
> internal change?

No, what I mean here is that adding a public API requires additional
thought compared to adding an internal optimization (the internal
optimization can easily be reverted if there's a problem, while the
public API can not).  Hence the preference for a PEP.

Regards

Antoine.