[Python-Dev] PEP 575 (Unifying function/method classes) update

Petr Viktorin schrieb am 15.05.2018 um 18:36:
> On 05/15/18 05:15, Jeroen Demeyer wrote:
>> An important note is that it was never my goal to create a minimal PEP. I
>> did not aim for changing as little as possible. I was thinking: we are
>> changing functions, what would be the best way to implement them?
>
> That might be a problem. For the change to be accepted, a core developer
> will need to commit to maintaining the code, understand it, and accept
> responsibility for anything that's broken. Naturally, large-scale changes
> have less of a chance there.

Honestly, the current implementation involves such a clutter of special
cases that the internal code simplification that this PEP allows should
make every core developer who needs to make their hands dirty with the
current code bow to Jeroen for coming up with this PEP and even
implementing it.

Just my personal opinion.

Stefan