[Python-Dev] Changes to configure.ac, auto-detection and related build issues

Hi Eitan,

> I am working on updating, fixing, or otherwise changing python's
> configure.ac. This work is complex, (...)

Is your work public? Is there an open issue on bugs.python.org or an
open pull request?

If not, would you mind to at least describe the changes that you plan to do?

> Please feel free to tag me in
> related PRs or bugs or emails over the next few weeks.

Hopefully, we only rarely need to modify configure.ac.

Victor