[Python-Dev] PEP 575, 576, 579 and 580

Nick Coghlan schrieb am 07.07.2018 um 16:14:
> when the new calling
> convention is tied to a protocol that any type can implement (as PEP
> 580 proposes), the concern doesn't even arise.

Nick, +1 to all of what you said in your reply, and I also really like the
fact that this proposal is creating a new, general protocol that removes
lots of type special casing from places where objects are being called
"efficiently". We're essentially designing a Fast Duck Calling convention here.

Stefan