[Python-Dev] [RELEASE] Python 2.7.15

On 05/02/2018 11:14 AM, Nathaniel Smith wrote:
> I would guess that the folks who end up supporting python 2 past 2020
> (either as distributors or as library authors) will have an easier
> time of it if python 2's ssl module gets resynced with python 3 before
> the eol. But I suppose it's up to them to do the work...

You mean feature-wise, or do you mean "use more modern SSL libraries"??
IIUC Windows doesn't use the system-provided SSL libraries, *and* 2.7 is
built with a nasty old compiler.? It's entirely possible that on Windows
2.7 *can't* use current SSL libraries because they won't build under
said nasty old compiler.

(summoning Steve Dower etc here)

//arry/