[Python-Dev] Informal educator feedback on PEP 572 (was Re: 2018 Python Language Summit coverage, last part)

Terry Reedy wrote:
> How loop variables might be isolated without a nested scope: After a
> comprehension is parsed, so that names become strings, rename the loop
> variables to something otherwise illegal.

This doesn't change the situation conceptually, though, since
the question arises of why not do the same mangling for names
assigned within the comprehension.

A decision still needs to be made about whether we *want*
semantics that leak some things but not others.

--
Greg