[Python-Dev] Slow down...

Serhiy Storchaka <storchaka at gmail.com> writes:

> 09.05.18 07:25, Steven D'Aprano ????:
> > If we could look forward to 2028, when we're running Python 3.14 or so
> > (4.7 if you prefer), how many fantastic language features that we cannot
> > bear to give up would we be missing out on?
>
> Like tab-delimited tables.

Cheeky :-)

(For those who are not closely following comp.lang.python, I am pretty
sure Serhiy is wryly referring to an ongoing thread in that forum.
Someone is arguing that Python should grow a U+0009-delimited syntax for
tabular data, and quickly demonstrated a lack of interest in the familir
reasons why this is a bad idea. The thread is already past the point of
calm discussion, so I am not linking to it because it's not worth wading
into.)

--
 \     ?I wish I had a dollar for every time I spent a dollar, because |
  `\           then, yahoo!, I'd have all my money back.? ?Jack Handey |