[Python-Dev] GH-NNNN vs #NNNN in merge commit

On Jan 25, 2018, at 13:38, Mariatta Wijaya <mariatta.wijaya at gmail.com> wrote:

> +1 for the mergebot! :)

Yes, +1 from me too.  As you know, GitLab has the option to ?merge when CI completes successfully? and it?s a great workflow.  Once I?ve reviewed and approved the branch, I can hit this button and? we?re done!  Assuming of course that no additional commits get pushed (that?s actually configurable I think), and that CI doesn?t fail.  I?d be very happy to see how close we can get to that with GitHub and a mergebot.

I don?t know that we need a @mergebot mention though.  Why not just auto merge if the PR is approved, CI is all green, and no additional commits have been pushed?  I suppose the reason would be because in GH, you can?t modify the commit message any other way pre-merge.

-Barry