[Python-Dev] GH-NNNN vs #NNNN in merge commit

On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 12:09 AM, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
> On 1/25/2018 1:53 PM, Brett Cannon wrote:
>
>> I would assume it would just go into miss-islington, but before we get
>> ahead of ourselves and design this we need to get consensus that people like
>> the overall idea of using a bot to do a main commits as well.
>

> I strongly dislike any idea of making me do more error-prone work when
> merging.

The whole point of writing a bot is to automatize the steps listed at
https://devguide.python.org/gitbootcamp/#accepting-and-merging-a-pull-request
and https://devguide.python.org/gitbootcamp/#backporting-merged-changes
so you won't have to do bunch of manual edits before pressing the
"Confirm squash and merge" button.

--Berker