[Python-Dev] A fast startup patch (was: Python startup time)

On 5.5.2018 21:00, Nathaniel Smith wrote:
> I think in the vast majority of cases currently .pyc files are built on
> the same architecture where they're used?

On Fedora (and by extension also on RHEL and CentOS) this is not rue.
When the package is noarch (no extension module shipped, only pure
Python) it is built and bytecompiled on a random architecture.
Bytecompilation happens during build time.

If bytecode gets arch specific, we'd need to make all our Python
packages arch specific or switch to install-time bytecompilation.

--
Miro Hron?ok