[Python-Dev] Are undocumented functions part of the stable ABI?

On 2018-04-08 05:17, Nick Coghlan wrote:
> Changing macro definitions doesn't break the stable ABI, as long as
> the *old* macro expansions still do the right thing.

To me, it looks like a bad idea to change macros. Imagine that the
PyCFunction_Check macro changes in Python 3.8. Then an extension module
compiled on 3.7 (but run on 3.8) would behave differently from the same
extension compiled on 3.8. I cannot imagine that this is in line with
the "stable ABI" philosophy.

Jeroen.