[no subject]

> Get rid of 2to3. Particularly, of any discussion of using 2to3 in the documentation.  More than one very experienced, well-known Python developer in this discussion has told me that they thought 2to3 was the blessed way to port their code, and it's no surprise that they think so, given that the first technique <https://docs.python.org/3/howto/pyporting.html> mentions is still 2to3.

2to3 is certainly fine if you are porting to 3.x without looking to
keep your code 2.x-compatible. Until there's a better alternative, of
course.
So what we should do is better explain the choice (if you want to port
your code to 3.x, use 2to3; if you want to maintain dual-compatible
code, use six or something similar).

Regards

Antoine.