[no subject]

I love this solution. If it really is doable this way then it is even better than having a fork. My name suggestion for a PyPI packages would be "PyStraddle".

It'll probably be easier to get contributors to a project like this since there'll be a smaller gap between starting work and having something that runs (yes, that includes me, despite my declaration of non-interest in my initial post).

And on that positive note I'll end this reply.

Cheers,
Steve