[no subject]

That said, the 4x growth factor was capped at 50,000.  For larger
dicts it fell back to 2x.  Some the only dicts affected by the 2x vs 4x
decision lie by in the 6 to 50k ranges.  The only apps that see any
noticeable difference in memory size are ones that have many
dicts of that size range alive at the same time.

Sorry I can make a more detailed post right now.  I'll make time in
the next couple of weeks to post some code and timings that
document the collision counts, total memory size, and its affect
on various dict use cases.

Raymond