[Python-Dev] C-API functions for reading/writing tstate->exc_* ?

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 12:18 AM, Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:
> Of course, you could always go through the Python API, getting the sys
> module, extracting the relevant functions and calling them using the
> abstract API. That's what I'd recommend if this were purely a CPython
> question. But I assume that (for some reason) that's not appropriate
> for PyPy.

I had the same thought, but it actually only works cleanly for the
"fetch" half of the equation. You'd have to muck around with actually
raising an exception to handle *setting* those fields, which is
*really* relying on implementation details). That said, it may be
worth further exploring the idea of invoking appropriate snippets of
Python code to get the desired effect.

My other question would be whether there's an existing *private* C API
with the desired behaviour that could be made public, or if this would
be a genuinely new addition to the API.

Cheers,
Nick.

--