[Python-Dev] PEP 410 (Decimal timestamp): the implementation is ready for a review

Greg Ewing <greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz> writes:

> Guido van Rossum wrote:

> > if there is an *actual* causal link between file A and B, the
> > difference in timestamps should always be much larger than 100 ns.
>
> And if there isn't a causal link, simultaneity is relative anyway. To
> Fred sitting at his computer, file A might have been created before
> file B, but to George running from the other end of the building in
> response to an urgent bug report, it could be the other way around.

Does that change if Fred and George are separated in the building by
twenty floors?

--
 \        ?Kill myself? Killing myself is the last thing I'd ever do.? |
  `\                                            ?Homer, _The Simpsons_ |