[Python-Dev] PEP 572: Assignment Expressions -- intention to accept, near-final draft

> We strongly prefer feedback in the form of Pull Requests to the peps
> repo (the file is at
> https://github.com/python/peps/blob/master/pep-0572.rst
> <https://github.com/python/peps/blob/master/pep-0572.rst>).

I couple of people have said they don't know how to make pull requests
against a PEP.  I believe the following works with the web editor.

1. Go to url above.
2. Click upper right pencil icon.  I don't know just who can do this.
3. Edit on the web page.  It might be easier to read the html and then
use browser find to change anything seen.
4. Note that there are two scrollbars -- one for webpage and one for
editing box.
5. At the bottom of the webpage, click 'Create a new branch for this
commit and start a PR'.  This should unclick 'Commit directly to the
master branch.'
6. Click Green [Propose file change] button.
7. I expect one will end up on the PR diff page.  If not, click 'files
changed to get there.  Add comments explaining changes that need such.

The problem I see with this is that I don't know of any way to accept or
reject the different proposed changes within the PR.  If there is, I
would like to know how.

--
Terry Jan Reedy