[Python-Dev] PEP 575, 576, 579 and 580

On 2018-07-07 15:38, Mark Shannon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We seem to have a plethora of PEPs where we really ought to have one (or
> none?).

- PEP 575 has been withdrawn.
- PEP 579 is an informational PEP with the bigger picture; it does
contain some of the requirements that you want to discuss here.
- PEP 580 and PEP 576 are two alternative implementations of a protocol
to optimize callables implemented in C.

> 5. It should speed up CPython for the standard benchmark suite.

I'd like to replace this by: must *not slow down* the standard benchmark
suite and preferable should not slow down anything.