[Python-Dev] PEP 572 semantics: all capabilities of the assignment statement

Victor Stinner in "Assignment expression and coding style: the while
True case" and others have brought to attention

that the AE as currently written doesn't support all the capabilities of
the assignment statement, namely:

* tuple unpacking
* augmented assignment

(I titled the letter "all capabilities" 'cuz I may've missed something.)

Should it?

Personally, I'm for the unpacking but against augmentation 'cuz it has
proven incomprehensible as per the 5 Jul 2018 04:22:36 +0300 letter.

--
Regards,
Ivan